WAFChina 2022 will be taking place this October in Chengdu
Entering the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Awards offers entrants from China and the surrounding regions the additional opportunity to win a WAFChina Award as well as a coveted WAF trophy, all for just one entry fee.
WAFChina first took place in 2020 with more than 300 projects and 100 design firms participating in the virtual design crits and the awards ceremony. The event consists of online judging and onsite events, combining forums, exhibitions and an awards ceremony.
Who is eligible for the WAFChina Awards?
Entrants of the World Architecture Festival awards or the INSIDE awards from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan regions.
What is the entry fee?
There is no additional fee to enter the WAFChina awards. Your WAF or Inside entry fee will include:
- Entry for the WAF or INSIDE Awards
- Entry for the WAFChina Awards
- Judging for the WAFChina Awards (if shortlisted)
- Invite to the WAFChina Awards ceremony held in Chengdu in October 2022 (date tbc)
Why enter WAF and WAFChina Awards?
- Winners of the WAFChina Awards will get the unique opportunity to present to a panel of renowned industry experts at WAF, taking place in Lisbon from 30 November- 2 December 2022.
- Your project will be listed on the World Buildings Directory and feature in international media.
- Create an invaluable international network that you can seek advice from, partner with and win work from.
- Strengthen your credibility and set yourself apart from the competition through WAF’s unique, rigorous judging process. • Praise your team’s hard work. Come together to share and celebrate outstanding architecture.
We appreciate that it may be difficult to attend WAF in Lisbon, so finalists from China unable to travel due to restrictions will be able to send recorded presentations in advance to be shown to the judges in Lisbon, followed by a 10-minute Q&A session over Zoom.
Timeline & Process
- Entry Deadline 27 May 22
- WAFChina judging September (tbc), online
- WAFChina Awards October (tbc), Chengdu
- World Architecture Festival 30 November – 2 December 2022